You know the expression, “the only person who can stop you is YOU?” It’s so true.
A mind is a goal-achieving machine. It will produce actions and outcomes that are always 100% aligned with our beliefs.
Yes, you read that right: ALWAYS.
So, if you hear yourself saying:
- “Losing weight is difficult,” then losing weight is going to be difficult for you.
- “I’ve tried every fitness program, and I always get overwhelmed and quit after a few weeks,” then it’s going to be pretty difficult for you to stick with the next fitness program you try.
- “I’ve lost weight before, and it always comes back,” then chances are you’ll make some short-term progress and then revert to your old habits.
Erase the negative thoughts and replace them with new decisions.
- “I’ve decided that losing weight is easy if I stick with my exercise program and make small changes to my diet.”
- “I’ve decided that I deserve the body and health that I want.”
- “I’ve decided that I’m not going to quit this time when my schedule gets busy.”
- “I’ve decided that I’m good enough and strong enough to lose weight and feel younger.”
Once we’ve eliminated the background noise that’s been holding us back, we’ll get the thoughts, feelings, beliefs, and actions that will result in the outcomes that are aligned with those thoughts, feelings, and beliefs.
What negative thoughts have been holding you back, and what new decision are you going to make?