Hopefully, you read the post with my Top Tips for starting off 2021 successfully Part 1. If not here is a quick summary:
1. Take Stock of 2020 – Take an honest look back at 2020 and assess what went well, what didn’t, and what you can improve on now.
2. Finish Last Year’s Goals- Do you still have goals lingering from 2020? That’s ok (I do too). Write them down, figure out how to make them small and achievable and make a plan to get them done and crossed off the list first.
3. Be Realistic – 2021 offers a lot of promise. But that doesn’t mean it’s going to be easy. Be realistic with yourself—and your goals.
4. Put Yourself First – You need to put your health first, period. I know, I know, you run your household, your spouse, your kids, your company and you take care of all their needs first because you are a top notch quality person. A better you is better for everyone.
5. Maintain Balance – Work, life, wellness balance. Keep them all in play. And stop weekly to be sure they are all still in check.
Ok, on to part 2.
These tips are a little deeper and can be part of your overall lifestyle journey. Remember that being fit and well is a process with ups and downs and corrections as we navigate life. We must try new things, learn from what does and does not work, but maintain our positivity and persistence toward a goal of living a quality life.
6. Embrace efforts that don’t work – I prefer to not use the word fail only because some people get caught up in it. Usually it is linked to old childhood emotions etc. which is another email, but for now, embrace anything that didn’t work. Figure out why it didn’t work. Most important thing here is being honest with yourself. Was it your effort, the process itself, or something else. Be quick to admit fault and slow to blame.
Make the adjustment and move on. Anything that doesn’t work provides a great education so don’t get stuck on it. Keep working toward what does work.
7. Put Your Strength On Display – There will be a time when you feel like everything is against you. This is when you need to rely on your inner strength to keep you on the path to success. Not only will this help you get past your failures, your inner strength will help you navigate the situations that could make it hard to accomplish your goals.
This comes from attitude. Keep it positive in a way that keeps you moving. Not a false positive because sometimes things just stink! But find a way to dig deep, offer gratitude, and press on.
8. Know Your Limitations – In order to be successful, you need to know your limitations. It doesn’t mean you stop pushing yourself to be better…it just means you push as hard as you can, without breaking. Once you know your limits, you can push yourself hard enough that you bend, but don’t break.
9. Dream Big – 2021 can be a great year for you. So dream big. If you set your mind to something, there’s nothing you can’t accomplish. Remember to set small achievable goals and celebrate those victories. This creates positive mindset, internal strength and a feeling of being able to conquer more.
10. Be sure you have a solid total health plan in place. I mean fitness/exercise, mindfulness/yoga, and nutrition/eating/supplements. Make the plan and stick to it every day. Plan your exercise time like any other meeting. Take your supplements at the same time everyday so it becomes habit. Start refining and being aware of what you eat and how it makes you feel.
Like everything else, some days will be better than others. Your goal is to have more good and great days than others.
I hope these success tips will help make 2021 your best year ever. Print these out as a reminder that you’ve got this. And there is nothing you can’t do. Cheers to a great 2021!