Do you ever think to yourself, “I just need to burn off some of the extra calories I ate today? I feel yucky.” (An official fitness coach term). Given this time of year, you probably have at least thought about it, even if you didn’t get it done. There are tons of Christmas cookies at my house so I definitely have felt it, said it, and done it.
I’m a sucker for warm homemade cookies. Good thing I know a great fitness coach – ha. Let’s get to it. I’ve researched this list for you from My Fitness Pal on ways to burn 300 calories. Some are the usual but there are some fresh ideas and different ways added too.
You know I believe in mixing up your workout routine and style for maximum results, growth, and overall health.
So here it is;
1. Run at a 6 miles-per-hour pace for 27 minutes. (10 minute mile) if you are at a different pace just adjust your time.
2. Do Birkram Yoga for 33 minutes.
3. Twirl the hula hoop for about 45 minutes. (Talk about a core workout!)
4. Jump rope for just 22 minutes. (Fun with your whole family)
5. Go for a leisurely bike ride for 44 minutes.
6. Try spinning (stationary bike) for 38 minutes.
7. Do a little active gardening for 66 minutes.
8. Take a virtual HIIT class for 48 minutes.(Hey Jump in one of our classes)
9. Vacuum and mop the house for two hours. (Seriously this is hard work if you really get after it or your house needs a deep clean)
10. Wash your car for 88 minutes. (Dirty car?)
11. Go old-school with calisthenics for 33 minutes.
12. Walk 18 holes on the golf course, and burn 300 calories per hour.
13. Go rock climbing for 24 minutes.
14. Hit the rowing machine or 38 minutes.
15. Swim laps for 27 minutes.
16. Play tennis for 32 minutes.
17. Go rollerblading for 38 minutes.
18. Go for a cross-country hike for 44 minutes.
19. Run the stairs for 18 minutes.
20. Bounce on a trampoline for 30 minutes.
21. Hit the heavy bag for 44 minutes.
22. Join a pickup soccer game for 27 minutes.
23. Or play pickup basketball for 33 minutes.
24. Help a friend move for 38 minutes. (this is a good workout for sure)
25. Walk at a 3 miles-per-hour pace with the treadmill at an incline for one hour.
You get the idea. There are soooooo many ways to burn calories and enjoy doing it.
Activity is what creates the active lifestyle. Enjoy some of these activities and let me know if you tried anything different this week.