No doubt you have experienced the ups and downs of confidence. I know I have and still do some days. Confidence can come and go with our circumstances, mood, life events, job, weight, the current state of affairs of our city or state, etc. You get the point.
There are a number of ways we can discuss to improve confidence. However, today is all about your body. I’m not talking about losing weight, gaining muscle, or looking like a model. There is so much more to your total body and confidence.
Here is your 1 Big Tip for using your body (as it is) for confidence.
- Fake yourself (your mind) out with your actions
We are gullible human beings. Just the same as you can stress out over nothing. Stress to a point where your body’s reaction is to get sick, get a cold sore, shut down, and feel massively fatigued, all really for something in your head that has not even happened (that’s how the stress usually goes).
The same principal works the other way with confidence.
So if you want to feel more confident and start sending signals to your mind. Here is how;
- Hold your body in a confident way – Stand up straight, shoulders back, chin up. (I may sound like your mother, but if she said this to you as a kid, she was right. Mine was.)
- Walk with some swagger. Not like a rapper, but strong and confident like you own the place you are walking in.
- Smile – A lot. Seriously, people who smile are perceived as more confident.
- Give solid and firm handshakes. Your handshake is your true calling card and says “I’m here, my name is … and I am confident in myself.”
- Make solid eye contact. Even if you are shy. Here is a trick I teach the kids in my Empowered Youth program. Look between someone’s eyes if you have trouble looking into their eyes. To them, it looks the same but for you, it helps you look and feel confident.
Start with your body and your mind will follow suit.
Now go out and practice your confidence today and let me know how it goes.