It’s amazing that approximately 75% of women suffer from headaches, mood swings, bloating, anxiety, depression and other uncomfortable symptoms from PMS?
Any, or worse many, of these symptoms together likely cause strain on You. And, they have also been known to threaten the well being of relationships, work life, and general quality of life.
Too many women (and men) accept this as normal. It doesn’t have to be. Since we are in a time of new “normal” let’s shine some light on a couple tips to make your life less affected by PMS and better off in total.
Here are a few diet related culprits that will Negatively affect you when your hormones trying to regulate to a smooth level: AVOID THESE!
sugar, caffeine, alcohol, stress, dairy foods, and lack of exercise
I know, I know, some of these are “go to” comfort food items. But Your body is tricking you!!! Especially with alcohol which can slow the natural production of estrogen that you need.
Here is how to Help yourself naturally:
- Clean up your diet.
- This means Eliminating the foods and chemicals noted above.
- Eat smaller, balanced, high protein meals more frequently through your day. (every 3 hours or so)
- Increase your fiber intake through vegetables and fruit. The more color in each meal, the better.
- Add Omega oils from fish, flax, or chia seeds (this is good fat)
- Get Moving – be sure you are exercising daily, Get your heart rate up so you are breathing hard enough that if you had a conversation it would be difficult.
- Take supplements (check with your Dr. if you are unsure about what to take)
a. A good combo is calcium, magnesium, zinc. This comes already balanced and usually includes d3 which has amazing health benefits also
b. A multi vitamin for women. I like the multi because it helps bridge what your body needs and what it actually gets from food.
c. Maca root – This a Peruvian root with many heath properties which affect hormone regulation and symptoms.
For the Maca I strongly suggest Royal Maca Menopause by Whole World Botanicals. You can find this on Amazon or sprouts, Mothers etc.
I hope this helps with your quest for total health. Please send me feedback and other suggestions we can share with our IMpowered Community.
Watch the video discussion here
Until next time….